Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stateside Visit

I am sitting at my friend's house writing this.  I am enjoying my time in the United States.  It is always good to get back to "civilization."  It is good to eat meat that I can chew, to over indulge in ice cream and brownies, and to watch the NBA playoffs.  It has been great to sit with friends and family and share what is going on in my life and to catch up with all that God is doing in their lives, and to share at Churches and home groups about what has happened in Cambodia during the past several years. 


These times in the states are good for our family.  Every member of my family is enjoying our visit.  It is good to touch base with everyone, to hear English spoken the way it should be (I am not talking about English as a second language, but to hear Southern English again, all of our native English speaking friends in Cambodia are west coast families), and to get refreshed in our souls.  God is faithful to meet us when we need Him.  The last three years in Cambodia has taken a toll on us physically and spiritually.  There is a cost to seeing the Kingdom of God advance.  


In our two months here, we are getting out bodies back to normal and, more importantly, getting our spirits refreshed.  It is refreshing to worship with others in our native tongue, to get hear messages that encourage and challenge us, and to meet with people that we love and fellowship around Christ.


I wish that we could see everyone while we are in.  There is never enough time to fit everyone in, just ask my parents and in-laws.  I am thankful for the time that we are getting to see people though.  If you are in the Birmingham, Alabama area, my family will be at Faith Community Church on Sunday, May 27th at both of their services.  If you are in the Fishersville, VA area, my family will be at Church on the Hill for their missions weekend June 3. 


For times and directions,

I feel like getting outside of our day to day routine in Cambodia has given me an opportunity to hear the Lord.  I think some exciting things are around the corner for my family and for Lighthouse Ministries.  I look forward to what the next few months hold.





The sign leading to my great grandfather's old farm.

2 comments:

Fred Alton said...

Lewie, I really thought I had left a comment here before - but it seems I had not. Oh well... That's the computer for ya.

Anyway - I wanted you to know that when they did the last CT-Scan (about a month ago) the doc says he can see no cancer now. I am going to Maine next month to walk the "100 mile wilderness" part of the Appalachian Trail. I'm going with a friend I met 50 years ago who has hiked 1850 miles of it with his wife, plus a friend who is a missionary in Africa - home on furlough.

We appreciate you and Kristen and the boys very much. God Bless you all and lift you up in HIS Spirit today.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're doing well.
I'm writing you here because I do not know how else to really get in touch with you.
K-9 School Lackland Air Force Base
Pope Air Force Base


Riznyk
riznyk@msn.com